10 dishes economy: tasty, fast and useful
Delicious and healthy food can be not only expensive and served in restaurants. You can make something similar at home – you will get delicious and cheap. Recipes slightly adapted for our products, so experimentation is always welcome!
1. Potato pancakes or deruny. Everyone knows this dish. Cheap, quick and tasty. In order to prepare, you need potatoes, onion, flour, egg, salt and pepper. About 4 medium potatoes 1 egg, a couple of small bulbs, 3-4 tablespoons flour, pinch of salt and pepper. Quick recipe – potatoes RUB on a large grater, cut onion (who he loves, but you can absolutely do without), mix with the potatoes, add salt, pepper, egg, all well mixed and add flour. Optionally, you can add the dill.
Again all mix well, warm up a pan with oil and spread pancakes with a spoon, pressing slightly on top of, so that the pancake has not turned out very thick. Well deep fried until Golden brown on each side. You can serve it just with sour cream. You can also add fried mushrooms.
The proportions can vary depending on size of potatoes. They often prepare this dish when you want something tasty, but nothing special. Besides, these pancakes can each time to try to add different spices.
2. Chile . This dish is rather seasonal, because there are a lot of fresh vegetables. Although you can do cheaper option is beans+tomatoes+onions+garlic+chilli and sour cream.
So, variations in the ingredients of this dish can be a great many. We stop at the most simple and accessible Especially in the month of August.
To prepare chili, you will need: a Cup of chopped onion, a couple crushed cloves of garlic, 1 Cup diced sweet peppers 1 Cup diced zucchini or zucchini, 1 Cup eggplant, 1 Cup corn kernels (can be canned), a couple of spicy chili (pungency we can regulate themselves), tomato sauce, two pinches of oregano, salt, black pepper, beans.
In a preheated deep pan (in the pan with a heavy bottom) add all the vegetables and sauté until soft. Then add the filling liquid, i.e. it can be tomato juice and a little tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes in its own juice plus the juice. Add salt and pepper to taste and pre-cooked beans. Simmer chili on low heat for another 20 minutes and turn off. When serving you can add sour cream and chopped green onions.
If you want to cook chili in the winter, it will be enough beans, hot peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and any one vegetable that is not very expensive at this time of year.
3. Bean burritos . The original recipe says that for making burritos you will need wheat or corn tortillas. But since we are the economy version, the tortilla is quite suitable Armenian lavash. You will also need chopped tomatoes, cooked beans, grated on a large grater cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and lettuce. Winter tomatoes in their own juice and cabbage.
So, a bit of warmed pita bread, spread on it hot sauce, shredded lettuce, beans. crushed tomatoes, all sprinkled on top with cheese and rolled into a tube shape. While eating to dip my burrito in sour cream. The beans can be ground and mixed with hot sauce.
4. Vegetarian bean burgers . To prepare vegetarian burgers, you will need the cooked beans, 1/3 Cup chopped onion, 4 chopped cloves of garlic, 1/2 Cup pecans (you can do without them or to use the nuts that you have at hand), a pinch of salt, pinch black pepper, 1 egg, 1/3 Cup flour, couple of tablespoons of ketchup (if you want), a bunch of finely chopped cilantro (who does not love, replace it with a parsley-dill), a couple of tablespoons of green curry paste (optional).
Izmelchai in a blender the beans, but not very finely, add all the ingredients (except the curry paste and tomato sauce), mixed, at the very end add the flour and again thoroughly mixed. Then send in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Get, warm up the pan with oil and fry the bean patties the size for the chosen bun Burger. Patties should not be too thick. Fry them to a crisp and spread on bun. From the top you can season tomato sauce or curry paste, green salad and/or tomatoes. The sauce and pasta can be added to the “stuffing”.
The amount of ingredients can be adjusted independently. If the stuffing is a bit watery, nothing terrible will happen because of a couple extra tablespoons of flour.
5. Baked potatoes with stuffing. This recipe will help you recycle left over from last night baked potatoes. So, with 4 pieces of potato you will need 2 diced large sausage, 1 onion chopped, 1 green, yellow or red sweet pepper, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/4 Cup of sour cream or yogurt, 1 tsp rosemary, oregano or any other dry seasoning, 1 Cup grated cheese of your choice (cheddar, feta, etc.).
Warm up in the oven the potatoes or bake a new one if not already cooked. The potatoes should be wrapped in foil. Then remove from the oven and allowed to cool to the desired temperature.
While the potato is cooked and cools, prepare the filling. Fry until Golden brown sausages, remove with paper towels the excess oil. Onion cooked on skillet until Golden brown, the peppers until soft, the garlic can not fry and add to already cooked vegetables. Or sauté in a pan until Golden brown.
Potatoes cut in half, spoon out the stuffing, leave the wall thickness of 5-7 mm, inside add sour cream or yogurt, spread on top of sausage and cooked vegetables. Before serving, sprinkle the still warm dish of cheese.
The filling can be very diverse. It all depends on what is currently in your fridge.